Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Schuweiler, Joel J." <Sc...@mayo.edu> on 2005/06/23 22:27:17 UTC

Log4j and JMS

 While I don't know much about jms would this perhaps be a route to take for logging to different files on a remote machine from a cluster full of many applications?

Re: Log4j and JMS

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Another way to consoldiate logs for a cluster is to send all error
logs to a Database.

--
James Stauffer

Tabs of Chainsaw

Posted by Tan Kah Siong <ja...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Hi,

I am trying to patch a some parts of the receiver
(file pattern and db) to suit some of my requirements.

I have the following enquiries on how the LoggingEvent
work.

I wish to know what determines the tab when chainsaw
is running. I am trying to parse a xml lite file by
making some decoder changes to LogFilePatternReceiver
class. My way was to directly manipulate the file and
place all the names fields and values into CurrentMap.

The changes seems to work except that on every new
line of  log, a new tab pops up in chainsaw, thus the
question on what determines the tab. My gut feeling
tells me its in the LoggingEvent class, but i cannot
find any info on my problem based on that class.

Please advice.

Re: Log4j and JMS

Posted by Jim Rice <ji...@gmail.com>.
Joel,

We have used the JMS Appender to route Level ERROR and above messages to an
error queue for routing to a central management facility.

Hope this helps.

Jim