Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Nigel Charman <on...@charman.net.nz> on 2007/06/21 04:53:17 UTC

Ivy Retrieve fails through proxy server

I'm working at a site that connects to the net using a proxy server that
requires authentication.

Our ant script uses the setproxy task to set the proxy details.  Calling the
ivy:retrieve task after setproxy results in the error:

   [ivy:retrieve] :: problems summary ::
   [ivy:retrieve] :::: WARNINGS
   [ivy:retrieve]  Your proxy requires authentication.
   [ivy:retrieve]  Your proxy requires authentication.
   [ivy:retrieve]          module not found: [ commons-lang | commons-lang |
2.1 ]

However, there is a workaround.  Calling the get task before ivy:retrieve
fixes the problem.

It appears that get must be doing something with the proxy details that
ivy:retrieve is not.  Should I raise a JIRA to ask for ivy:retrieve to do
whatever magic get is doing?  Alternately, can we get this documented?

The ant script that works contains:

        <target name="proxy">
            <property name="proxy.host" value="proxy.myorg.com"/>
            <property name="proxy.port" value="8080"/>
                <input message="Please enter proxy username"
addproperty="proxy.user" />
                <input message="Please enter proxy password - NOTE: CLEAR
TEXT" addproperty="proxy.pass"/>
            <setproxy proxyhost="${proxy.host}" proxyport="${proxy.port}"
                   proxyuser="${proxy.user}" proxypassword="${proxy.pass}"/>
            <get src="http://www.google.co.nz" dest="temp.html"
usetimestamp="true"/>
          </target>

    <!-- =================================
          target: resolve
         ================================= -->
    <target name="resolve" depends="proxy" description="--> retreive
dependencies with ivy">
        <ivy:retrieve/>
    </target>

Regards
Nigel

Re: Ivy Retrieve fails through proxy server

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
I priori, I would also say that's a bug.  Raising a jira issue is
certainly the thing to do.

Gilles

2007/6/21, Nigel Charman <on...@charman.net.nz>:

> I'm working at a site that connects to the net using a proxy server that
> requires authentication.
>
> Our ant script uses the setproxy task to set the proxy details.  Calling the
> ivy:retrieve task after setproxy results in the error:
>
>    [ivy:retrieve] :: problems summary ::
>    [ivy:retrieve] :::: WARNINGS
>    [ivy:retrieve]  Your proxy requires authentication.
>    [ivy:retrieve]  Your proxy requires authentication.
>    [ivy:retrieve]          module not found: [ commons-lang | commons-lang |
> 2.1 ]
>
> However, there is a workaround.  Calling the get task before ivy:retrieve
> fixes the problem.
>
> It appears that get must be doing something with the proxy details that
> ivy:retrieve is not.  Should I raise a JIRA to ask for ivy:retrieve to do
> whatever magic get is doing?  Alternately, can we get this documented?
>
> The ant script that works contains:
>
>         <target name="proxy">
>             <property name="proxy.host" value="proxy.myorg.com"/>
>             <property name="proxy.port" value="8080"/>
>                 <input message="Please enter proxy username"
> addproperty="proxy.user" />
>                 <input message="Please enter proxy password - NOTE: CLEAR
> TEXT" addproperty="proxy.pass"/>
>             <setproxy proxyhost="${proxy.host}" proxyport="${proxy.port}"
>                    proxyuser="${proxy.user}" proxypassword="${proxy.pass}"/>
>             <get src="http://www.google.co.nz" dest="temp.html"
> usetimestamp="true"/>
>           </target>

>           target: resolve
>     <target name="resolve" depends="proxy" description="--> retreive
> dependencies with ivy">
>         <ivy:retrieve/>
>     </target>
>
> Regards