Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de on 2003/09/03 07:55:52 UTC

RE: Request: "ant -projecthelp" is way too complicated!

I want to introcude some "shortcuts". How about that:

present:
-quiet, -q             be extra quiet
-verbose, -v           be extra verbose
-logfile <file>        use given file for log
  -l     <file>                ''
-buildfile <file>      use given buildfile
  -file    <file>              ''
  -f       <file>              ''
-keep-going, -k        execute all targets that do not depend
                       on failed target(s)

no idea:
-find <file>           search for buildfile towards the root of the
                       filesystem and use it

new:
-h    -help                  print this message
-ph   -projecthelp           print project help information
-ver  -version               print the version information and exit
-diag -diagnostics           print information that might be helpful to
                             diagnose or report problems.
-d    -debug                 print debugging information
-e    -emacs                 produce logging information without adornments
-log  -logger <classname>    the class which is to perform logging
-lis  -listener <classname>  add an instance of class as a project listener
-noin -noinput               do not allow interactive input
-pf   -propertyfile <name>   load all properties from file with -D
                             properties taking precedence
-ih   -inputhandler <class>  the class which will handle input requests

Maybe a "-ni" for "-noinput"?

What do you think?

Jan

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 03:55 pm, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> I want to introcude some "shortcuts". How about that:

I think each option should have a full work version and optionally a single
letter shortcut. I don't like the abbreviations.

Conor