Posted to users@apex.apache.org by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com> on 2016/06/03 00:40:53 UTC

apex cli

Hi,

I am new to Apex,

Trying to lauch apex cli, and it gives me below error:

 incubator-apex-core]$ sh engine/src/main/scripts/apex
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jline/console/ConsoleReader
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Class.java:3048)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:3018)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1784)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(LauncherHelper.java:544)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:526)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jline.console.ConsoleReader
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)

Can someone pls share your thoughts ?

To share some background,  I am on MAC

I cloned the apex core/malahar from git links, https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core & https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-malhar
And did maven install on local MAC machine.

Later moved the entire directories in to edgenode of multi-node hadoop cluster, and tried to lauch apex cli, but its failing!!!

Please share your thoughts…. Thanks.

Regards,
Raja.

Re: apex cli

Posted by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com>.
Thanks a lot Thomas for the information. This helps me.

Regards,
Raja.

From: Thomas Weise <th...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:43 AM
To: "users@apex.apache.org<ma...@apex.apache.org>" <us...@apex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: apex cli

Raja,

The problem is that this way of launching the CLI is meant for and only works in the development environment as it depends on the previous build and the dependencies that were fetched into the local Maven repository (under ~/.m2). So unless you also transfer the entire .m2 to the other machine that won't work.

Here are some other install options: http://apex.apache.org/downloads.html#third-party-downloads

Thanks,
Thomas

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Raja.Aravapalli <Ra...@target.com>> wrote:
Thanks a lot Priyanka for response!!!

You want me to compile or build using java 7 instead of 8 ?

-Regards,
Raja.

From: Priyanka Gugale <pr...@datatorrent.com>>
Date: Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 8:05 PM
To: "users@apex.apache.org<ma...@apex.apache.org>" <us...@apex.apache.org>>

Hi Raja,

Which java version are you using? I guess you are using java 8, can you try java 7 once.
Also looks like it's not loading class from jline jar. Can you check if your maven repository has jline.2.11.jar?

-Priyanka

I cloned the apex core/malahar from git links, https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core<http://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core> & https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-malhar<http://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-malhar>

Re: apex cli

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@gmail.com>.
Raja,

Re: apex cli

Posted by Priyanka Gugale <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Yes, try to compile and run the application using java 7 once.

-Priyanka

Re: apex cli

Re: apex cli

Posted by Priyanka Gugale <pr...@datatorrent.com>.