Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@apache.org> on 2019/07/10 14:50:01 UTC

Integration Test - and running them

Hi HBase devs,

I've been trying to implement integration test for Bulkload replication.
I'm using the already existing IntegrationTestBulkLoad as a base.
My problem is actually running these tests.
If I try to run them (tried multiple tests like Replication, BigLinkedList)
with maven failsafe, I always get JVM outofmemory error every time it tries
to create the mini cluster. I also tripled the default 4GB heap size. Looks
like it's spanning few thousand threads, which explains the heap running
out of memory.

Ultimately the whole test fails with a one liner saying:
IntegrationTestBigLinkedList>IntegrationTestBase.setUp:170->setUpCluster:1840
» YarnRuntime

I might have missed something. I also tried to run against an existing
cluster, but had some trouble there either.

In both cases, I followed the official HBase guide available at
https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.tests

I also found a few open issues just on Bulkload integration test:

Is there something trivial I am missing? Does someone run these integration
tests? If so, what is the key here? I could up the memory and timeout I
guess, but I feel like I might be missing something here.

Thanks!
Norbert

Re: Integration Test - and running them

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for the reply. I created a jira (HBASE-22678)

My MiniCluster logs are empty.
I added some extra info to the jira.

Regards,
Norbert