Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by starz10de <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/07 22:24:30 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis

Hi All,

I am using MoreLikeThis class in lucene to find more similar documents in
the index to the giving one. It works fine when I run it directly from
Eclipse but when I call it from my servlet I have this error:

“java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis“

Any idea why this error occurred?

Thanks

Re: Ui Framework for lucene

Posted by Alexander Aristov <al...@gmail.com>.
Did you see solr? It's a web app.

Best Regards
Alexander Aristov

Re: Ui Framework for lucene

Posted by Chris Lu <ch...@gmail.com>.

Ui Framework for lucene

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis

Posted by starz10de <fa...@yahoo.com>.
Dear Erick ,

thanks a lot, I placed the jar file in WEB-INF\lib and it works.

best

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like the jar containing the MoreLikeThis class in a place that
your servlet
can find it. It's in contrib, something like lucene-queries<version>.jar

Best
Erick