Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/10/21 17:11:00 UTC

[CANCELLED VOTE] Release Compress 1.6 based on RC2

Hi,

while writing additional tests I found SevenZOutFile wasn't handling
directories correctly - or rather its handling of anything empty isn't
correct.

I'll add new tests, fix the implementation and re-roll another RC -
at the same time I'll update the release notes to reflect the potential
backwards incompatible change as well.

While I'm at it, I'll modify SevenZOutFile's close method to no longer
swallow exceptions that occur when closing the file.

Stefan

Re: [CANCELLED VOTE] Release Compress 1.6 based on RC2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-10-22, Gary Gregory wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

>> On 2013-10-21, Gary Gregory wrote:

>>> OK, sounds good. I'll look forward to the next RC.

>> See http://svn.apache.org/r1534650 for the revised release notes.

> Much better, thank you. I did end up tweaking the text a little more to
> make the compatibility description more detailed and clearer (IMO), see SVN.

Thanks

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2013-10-21, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> >> at the same time I'll update the release notes to reflect the potential
> >> backwards incompatible change as well.
>
> > OK, sounds good. I'll look forward to the next RC.
>
> See http://svn.apache.org/r1534650 for the revised release notes.

Much better, thank you. I did end up tweaking the text a little more to
make the compatibility description more detailed and clearer (IMO), see SVN.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [CANCELLED VOTE] Release Compress 1.6 based on RC2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.