Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Naanu Bora <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/30 15:11:52 UTC

Understanding producer connections

Hi,
    I am a new user of kafka. My client library is on 0.8.2 and I want to
understand how one producer instance running on a multi threaded
environment in a single jvm creating 300+ connections to the leader broker.
The producer instance  is closed only when the jvm exits. This producer is
writing to  a single topic with single partition. How many tcp connection
producer establishes to leader broker? Does it increase with no of
partitions? How long is the connection kept alive? Who closes the
connection and reconnect? Which kafka code to look at to understand tcp
connection usage ?