Posted to dev@community.apache.org by "Nabeera K.shirin" <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/24 16:37:34 UTC

Schwag request for Google Developers Group event

Greetings

We are representatives of Google Developers Group, VIT University, Vellore.
Here we believe in breaking stereotypes and use technology to uplift
everyone around us. Women, particularly in India, have a tough time through
school and even in college to cope up with technology. And we believe in
order to excel as a whole society, we need to help them get out of their
comfort zone. To achieve this we are organizing Developer – 101, an event
which will introduce them to different branches of technology. From
frontend to internet of things and basics of penetration testing. These
workshops will help them understand what each technology is about and will
also help them get started with coding.

Women Techmakers is an initiative by Google which provides visibility,
community, and the resources for women in technology.  WTM & GDG - VIT
Vellore is a part of this global network in VIT University, Vellore.

This is one of our premier events which we conduct and we are hoping you
would be interested and support us with promotional products or goodies.
This will help encourage the involvement of women in the technical world.
We would want you help us in this endeavour of ours to advance and further,
bring in more women in the technical sphere.
This platform, that you provide to us, is going to help us inspire the
budding talent that might come out of this event.

Re: Schwag request for Google Developers Group event

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Once we hear back from Nabeera, we'll have to confirm inventory (with Sharan), approval and budget.

Nabeera, thanks for getting in touch. In order to consider this request,
we'll need an approximate size of your gathering, a date for the
gathering, and shipping information.

Thanks.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: Schwag request for Google Developers Group event

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Melissa, did you see this?