Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Saqib Ali <sa...@seagate.com> on 2003/11/04 16:27:57 UTC

[users@httpd] alternative to cronolog

Hello All,

I am looking for some alternatives to cronolog. Anyone has any ideas?
Basically I just want to rotate logs on a daily basis.

Saqib Ali
---------
http://validate.sf.net <--- XHTML/HTML/DocBook Validator

Re: [users@httpd] alternative to cronolog

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
Saqib Ali wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am looking for some alternatives to cronolog. Anyone has any ideas?
> Basically I just want to rotate logs on a daily basis.

I like httplog:
<http://nutbar.chemlab.org/downloads/programs/httplog-2.1.tar.gz>

It runs as an output filter, e.g.

CustomLog "|/usr/local/bin/httplog /var/log/foobar-%Y%m%d" custom

It takes strftime(3) parameters in the filename.  It can also
automatically gzip the previous log file when a new one rolls over, and
maintain a symlink to the current log.  All without any cron jobs or
Apache restarting.

Brian