Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/17 03:39:29 UTC

Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Hi team, I’m a newcomer to Kafka, but I’m having some troubles trying to get it to run on OS X.
Basically building Kafka on OS X with 'gradlew jar’  gets stuck forever without any progress (Indeed I tried to leave it building all night with no avail).

Any advices will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.
Everything ran smooth now, I will start running tests.

Thanks.

Jorge

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
No problem, let us know if it doesn't work again.

It does sounds like a file lock acquired somewhere though.

Tim

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.
:core:compileScala

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.
It got stuck on this:

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Steve Morin <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.
For a weird reason, it is compiling correctly now.

Time to play with Kafka. Thanks :)

Re: Building Kafka on Mac OS X

Posted by Jorge Marizan <jo...@gmail.com>.
I will try it and let you know.