Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be> on 2005/06/15 18:14:37 UTC

OT: Moving to UK? (RE: Foray's font subsystem for Fop)

Hi Peter,

> ..., and Jenni and I are moving to the UK for 12
> months at the end of June, ...

Well, if you have plans to cross the channel and visit Belgium during those
12 months, be sure to drop me a line. Maybe we can get together for a beer
:-)

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: OT: Moving to UK? (RE: Foray's font subsystem for Fop)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 15.06.2005 21:32:21 Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> [...]

Sure, this is addressed to every FOP committer.

> Me personally, I did intend to visit when I first received word, but
> unfortunately I wasn't able to get the necessary time off... A shame though,
> so close. :-(
>
> > If you come to Switzerland, tell me!
>
> Will certainly do so. I do want to travel to Switzerland very much --in my
> dreams, I even have a house there :-) Ah well, who knows, one day...

Looking forward to it.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: OT: Moving to UK? (RE: Foray's font subsystem for Fop)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 16.06.2005 01:53:39 Peter B. West wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Do you, by chance, intend to visit ApacheCon in Stuttgart in July?
> >

> It's relatively expensive, isn't it?

Yes, that's the catch. Being a speaker it almost costs me nothing. I
disagree with the way this is currently done. They pay me the travel and
two hotel nights which isn't really necessary and only makes the
conference more expensive for everyone else. When I went to Seybold
conference in Amsterdam as a speaker last year, I only got free
admission and lunch which should be enough.

>  I don't know what I will be doing
> at any particular time.  It depends on what work is available to me.
>
> > If you come to Switzerland, tell me!
>
> I certainly will.  There are a few of you in the area whom I will
> contact when we pass through.

I bet.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: OT: Moving to UK? (RE: Foray's font subsystem for Fop)

Posted by "Peter B. West" <li...@pbw.id.au>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Do you, by chance, intend to visit ApacheCon in Stuttgart in July?

It's relatively expensive, isn't it?  I don't know what I will be doing
at any particular time.  It depends on what work is available to me.

> If you come to Switzerland, tell me!

I certainly will.  There are a few of you in the area whom I will
contact when we pass through.

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>

Re: OT: Moving to UK? (RE: Foray's font subsystem for Fop)

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.
Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:

>>Do you, by chance, intend to visit ApacheCon in Stuttgart in July?
>>

>(I take this 'you' to be plural)
>Me personally, I did intend to visit when I first received word, but
>unfortunately I wasn't able to get the necessary time off... A shame though,
>so close. :-(

I came close to going...But ultimately it would have been quite
expensive and time-consuming for me to plan such a trip.  There's an
"Extreme XML" Conference in Canada this August that looked pretty good
and would cost me much less--so I signed up for that instead as my
learning-vacation for the year.

>>If you come to Switzerland, tell me!
>>

>Will certainly do so. I do want to travel to Switzerland very much --in my
>dreams, I even have a house there :-)

with a *very, very* luxurious attic I would suspect...  ;-)

Glen

RE: OT: Moving to UK? (RE: Foray's font subsystem for Fop)

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

Posted by "Peter B. West" <li...@pbw.id.au>.
Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> [...]