Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Maillist <ap...@techclan.net> on 2002/07/02 08:24:10 UTC

Large amount of Parent Server Generation

Hi There,

  Could somebody tell me what is the meaning of "Parent Server Generation: XXX" inside the server-status page ?

  We're hosting around 300 virtual hosts on our apache server/w php enabled. During a new Parent Server Generation, all connection got dropped..... and our clients complaint they cannot reach their website.

Regards,
Dino.M

Re: Is there a Trojan Horse in "Re: Large amount of Parent Server Generation"?

Posted by "Hung J. S" <ap...@techclan.net>.
No, I dunno what is it ......... also, Imy box doesn't contain any virus........ So, whats happened ?
  When I opened this posting, a download started immediately!  I canceled the operation ASAP.
  What is the meaning of this? !!!  (see the following)
    function anonymous(ComponentID, Lresult, Phase, FriendlyName, Status) { /* * If a component failed to d/l or install correctly, note the Lresult (hr from urlmon) */ if (Lresult < 0) { downloadError = true; dlErrorResult = Lresult; if(Lresult == -2147024891) // No Admin Rights AdminError = true; } // IE version = VER_CORE }