Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Leake, Stuart" <St...@vignette.com> on 2002/05/13 18:29:32 UTC

RE: Embperl CGI and IIS howto

 Sure ... I just put up a HTML-Embperl-no_mod_perl.ppd package under
<http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/> that was built in this way,
based on 1.3.4....

I couldn't find "HTML-Embperl-no_mod_perl.ppd" - I tried "HTML-Embperl.ppd"
is that the right one?

With the basic examples I tried this seemed to work via CGI....however what
I would like to do is try via an ASP page (...I know, I know..) - anyone got
any comments about whether I'm likely to succeed.
...something like this?? -

<%@ Language=PerlScript %>
<% use HTML::Embperl %>
<%
	$input = ***some perl goes here ***;
	$output;
	 HTML::Embperl::Execute({input  => \$input,output => \$output});
	print $output;
%>

Re: Embperl CGI and IIS howto

Posted by Gerald Richter - ecos gmbh <ri...@ecos.de>.

> <%@ Language=PerlScript %>
> <% use HTML::Embperl %>
> <%
> $input = ***some perl goes here ***;
> $output;
> HTML::Embperl::Execute({input  => \$input,output => \$output});
> print $output;
> %>

With 1.3.x this will not work, because you run into problems with threads,
because 1.3.x cannot handle threads in the way like IIS does.

I am currenly working on getting 2.0 threadsafe, so it will work with one of
the next releases....

Gerald

RE: Embperl CGI and IIS howto

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Leake, Stuart wrote:

>  Sure ... I just put up a HTML-Embperl-no_mod_perl.ppd package under
> <http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/> that was built in this way,
> based on 1.3.4....
>
> I couldn't find "HTML-Embperl-no_mod_perl.ppd" - I tried "HTML-Embperl.ppd"
> is that the right one?

Yes - Gerald pointed out how to build things for both
mod_perl and non-mod_perl within the same package, so I
did that for the HTML-Embperl.ppd package.

> With the basic examples I tried this seemed to work via CGI....however what
> I would like to do is try via an ASP page (...I know, I know..) - anyone got
> any comments about whether I'm likely to succeed.
> ...something like this?? -
>
> <%@ Language=PerlScript %>
> <% use HTML::Embperl %>
> <%
> 	$input = ***some perl goes here ***;
> 	$output;
> 	 HTML::Embperl::Execute({input  => \$input,output => \$output});
> 	print $output;
> %>

I'm not sure - it'd be interesting to try ....

best regards,
randy kobes