Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by David Gampe <dg...@texcelerate.biz> on 2009/07/13 14:33:04 UTC

problems with dataScroller

i have a t:dataList and a t:dataScroller for it.
but if i click my <f:facet name="next">&gt;</f:facet> link, he skips one
page.
i.e. i'm on page 1 - i click next - and i'm on page 3 then...

the displayed number of pages and the included links are working...

any ideas about that?

greetings
david

Re: AW: problems with dataScroller

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Werner Punz schrieb:
> David Gampe schrieb:
>> Hello Werner,
>>
>> i worked yesterday on it and solved it.
>> I had to modify an existing dataScroller.
>> After i created it from scratch it worked NEARLY good...
>>
>> ..but now i have another problem.
>> I have some category sites, which use my dataScroller.
>> If i got to page 3 (for example) in one category and i go to another
>> category i get no
>> result, because there is maybe only one page.
>>
>> The current page must be saved in the session. But how can i set my
>> dataScroller
>> for example to request scope or something like that?
>>
>> So that i start from page every time i change the category (or no post
>> vars
>> for the dataScroller are given)
>>
> you can reset the datascroller once you change categories for instance :-)
> I assume the category change is done via command links, isn´t it?
> Actions can do that or actionListeners!

Besides that if you change the categories via different pages, there is
no need to session the data, t:saveState can keep your valid data in a
flash scope like manner by saving and restoring it from the lifecycle,
so the data is always available as long as you hit a page which uses
t:saveState on your bean.

Werner

Re: AW: problems with dataScroller

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Gampe <dg...@texcelerate.biz>.
Hello Werner,

i worked yesterday on it and solved it.
I had to modify an existing dataScroller.
After i created it from scratch it worked NEARLY good...

..but now i have another problem.
I have some category sites, which use my dataScroller.
If i got to page 3 (for example) in one category and i go to another
category i get no
result, because there is maybe only one page.

The current page must be saved in the session. But how can i set my
dataScroller
for example to request scope or something like that?

So that i start from page every time i change the category (or no post vars
for the dataScroller are given)

greetings from berlin
david

> i have a t:dataList and a t:dataScroller for it.
> but if i click my <f:facet name="next">&gt;</f:facet> link, he skips one
> page.
> i.e. i'm on page 1 - i click next - and i'm on page 3 then...
>
> the displayed number of pages and the included links are working...
>
> any ideas about that?
>
> greetings
> david

Hello David after sleeping over the entire issue, can you post some
details on your faces-config, have you added explicetly a nav handler or
something along those lines.

Werner

Re: problems with dataScroller

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.