Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Naama Kraus <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/13 07:51:17 UTC

Map intermediate files location

Hi,

In Google's Map Reduce paper, they mention that map tasks' intermediate
files are written to local file system. Later on, they are fetched by reduce
nodes using RPC calls. Is this also true for Hadoop ?

Thanks, Naama

--
oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo
00 oo 00 oo

Re: Map intermediate files location

Posted by Naama Kraus <na...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.
Do you use Jetty for the http requests ? Anything else ?

Naama

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.