Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Cindy Horn at SF x4874 <CH...@matson.com> on 2002/11/07 19:09:22 UTC

resource properties not found

I have a resource property defined in my web.xml file as follows:

<servlet>
   <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>VCSCResources_en_US.properties</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>

This properties file is in the application jar file at the root.  And I'm
trying to access a property as follows in my jsp:

<bean:message key="container.search.event"/>

I get the following error:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key
container.search.event
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:242)
	at
jsp_servlet._st.__ContainerList._jspService(__ContainerList.java:205)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
	at
:265)
	at
:200)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImp
l.java:241)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja
va:1759)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1596)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
	at
:265)
	at
:200)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:2495)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2204)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

What else needs to be condigured?  What else can I look at to resolve this
issue?

Thanks,

Cindy