Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daythryl <m....@alumni.nyu.edu> on 2008/06/26 15:33:40 UTC

Need help with "Undefined operation name" error

I have an application that includes a Web Service running under
Tomcat5.5/CXF2.0.5 and a client.  I had everything working until I went and
added some methods to the WS Interface.  I rebuilt the WSDL and changed my
implementation class and the WS seems fine, but then I regenerated the JAXB
helper classes from the WSDL and now my client gives me the following:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Undefined operation name
getSyncTypes
	at com.sun.xml.ws.model.JavaMethodImpl.freeze(JavaMethodImpl.java:289)
	at
com.sun.xml.ws.model.AbstractSEIModelImpl.freeze(AbstractSEIModelImpl.java:73)
	at
com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.buildRuntimeModel(RuntimeModeler.java:235)
	at
com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.addSEI(WSServiceDelegate.java:584)
	at
com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:287)
	at
com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:270)
	at
com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:263)
	at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:92)
	at com.my.client.ManagementImplService.getManagementImplPort
ManagementImplService.java:55)
	at com.my.client.CmdLineApp.main(CmdLineApp.java:35)

Nothing else in the client has changed, and all the new generated stuff
looks right.  The generated classes are as follows:

GetSyncTypes.java -

package com.my.jaxws;

import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessorType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlType;

/**
 *
Java class for getSyncTypes complex type.
 *
 *
The following schema fragment specifies the expected content contained
within this class.
 *
 *

 * &lt;complexType name="getSyncTypes">
 *   &lt;complexContent>
 *     &lt;restriction base="{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}anyType">
 *       &lt;sequence>
 *       &lt;/sequence>
 *     &lt;/restriction>
 *   &lt;/complexContent>
 * &lt;/complexType>
 *

 *
 *
 */
@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)
@XmlType(name = "getSyncTypes")
public class GetSyncTypes {

}

And GetSyncTypesResponse.java -

package com.my.jaxws;

import com.my.SyncservicetypesEntity;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessorType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlElement;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlType;

/**
 *
Java class for getSyncTypesResponse complex type.
 *
 *
The following schema fragment specifies the expected content contained
within this class.
 *
 *

 * &lt;complexType name="getSyncTypesResponse">
 *   &lt;complexContent>
 *     &lt;restriction base="{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}anyType">
 *       &lt;sequence>
 *         &lt;element name="return"
type="{http://management.xconnect.com/}syncservicetypesEntity"
maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"/>
 *       &lt;/sequence>
 *     &lt;/restriction>
 *   &lt;/complexContent>
 * &lt;/complexType>
 *

 *
 *
 */
@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)
@XmlType(name = "getSyncTypesResponse", propOrder = {
    "_return"
})
public class GetSyncTypesResponse {

    @XmlElement(name = "return", required = true)
    protected List _return;

    public List getReturn() {
        if (_return == null) {
            _return = new ArrayList();
        }
        return this._return;
    }

}

I would be happy to debug this myself, and I've been trying for days, but I
can't seem to find the right source code to allow me to step into these
com.sun.xml.ws files (which, btw, are being loaded from
jaxws-ri-2.1/jaxws-rt.jar from, I guess, the CXF distribution that came with
IntellijIDEA).

Please help.

TIA

Michael

Re: Need help with "Undefined operation name" error

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
FYI:  this isn't using CXF.   This stack trace specifically says it's
using the Sun reference implementation.   I would remove the jaxws-rt
jar off the classpath and make sure the CXF jars are there.

Dan

On Jun 26, 2008, at 9:33 AM, Daythryl wrote:

> [...]
> @XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)
> @XmlType(name = "getSyncTypesResponse", propOrder = {
>    "_return"
> })
> public class GetSyncTypesResponse {
>
>    @XmlElement(name = "return", required = true)
>    protected List _return;
>
>    public List getReturn() {
>        if (_return == null) {
>            _return = new ArrayList();
>        }
>        return this._return;
>    }
>
> }
>
> I would be happy to debug this myself, and I've been trying for
> days, but I
> can't seem to find the right source code to allow me to step into
> these
> com.sun.xml.ws files (which, btw, are being loaded from
> jaxws-ri-2.1/jaxws-rt.jar from, I guess, the CXF distribution that

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog