Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com> on 2002/10/02 05:00:35 UTC

Re: Unknown reason for error

Michael,

Did you resolve this?

Scott Nichol

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Baron" <mi...@hotmail.com>
To: <so...@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: Unknown reason for error

> That was my first thought too, however the fact I can run a hello
world
> servlet from same context and same class directory that extends the
> HttpServlet tells me it is not really a classpath problem, but that
> something else is causing this to think it cannot find it.  If
HttpServlet
> was truly not in my classpath, nothing would work is my assumtion,
since
> that is the basis for all servlets and JSP pages.

662)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperVal
ve.j
> > >va:214)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
> > >eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
480)
> > > at
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextVal
ve.j
> > >va:191)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
> > >eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
480)
> > > at
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:23
96)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.jav
a:18
> 0
> > >)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
> > >eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherV
alve
> .
> > >java:170)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
> > >eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.jav
a:17
> 2
> > >)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
> > >eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
480)
> > > at
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve
.jav
> > >:174)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
> > >eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
480)
> > > at
> > > at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:4
05)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn
> > >ction(Http11Protocol.java:380)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5
08)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPoo
l.ja
> > >a:533)
> > > at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
> > >

> > >root cause
> > >
> > >java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
> > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:509)
> > > at

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
> > > at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:246)
> > > at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
> > > at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:193)
> > > at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> > > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
> > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
> > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
> > > at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
> > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:262)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoade
r.ja
> > >a:1340)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoade
r.ja
> > >a:1274)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.ja
va:8
> 7
> > >4)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:
658)
> [...]
480)
> > > at
> > > at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:4
05)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn
> > >ction(Http11Protocol.java:380)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5
08)
> > > at
> >

>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPoo
l.ja
> > >a:533)
> > > at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)

> [...]
> > >keNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> > > >

>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
480)

>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> >
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> > > >

>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:4
05)

>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn
> > >ection(Http11Protocol.java:380)
> > > >

>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5
08)

>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPoo
l.ja
> > >va:533)

>org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageConte
org.apache.jsp.undeploy_jsp._jspService(undeploy_jsp.java:94)

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: Unknown reason for error

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Have you tried doing a new installation of Tomcat then Apache SOAP
without doing "other contexts", such as struts?  Also, what instructions
are you following to install Apache SOAP?  With Tomcat 4.0, you need
only copy soap.war to $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps.  I have repeated such an
installation 20-30 times over the past three months with soap 2.2 and
later and various Tomcat 4.0.x on numerous machines running Win2k or
Linux without problems.  Assuming it works for you, then try adding
"other contexts" one at a time to see whether one of them breaks SOAP.

Scott Nichol

Re: Unknown reason for error

Posted by Michael Baron <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Unknown reason for error