Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Paries <ra...@unitnet.com> on 2000/11/25 05:10:59 UTC

Sooo Close, Apache, Tomcat missing one thing

Hello ,
I am having a disconnect, And I am hoping someone can help,

I have an Apache server and the latest Tomcat.
The stand alone works fine and the example servlets and JSP's work.

I am having trouble understanding the mapping from apache to Tomcat.

In my httpd.conf I have the following:
LoadModule    jk_module         modules/mod_jk.so
AddModule     mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     /usr2/wwwlogs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    warn

Alias /java "/home/unit/javaapps"
<Directory "/home/unit/javaapps">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@xx.com
        ServerName www.somename.com
        ServerAlias xx.xx.xx.xxx
        DocumentRoot /home/unit
        JkMount       /java/*.jsp ajp13
        JkMount       /java/servlet/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

So When I put in http://www.somename.com/java/servlet/HelloHttpServlet
I get paged not Found.
I know it is getting to the Tomcat server, because I get an error on the
console:
2000-11-24 10:05:17 - Ctx(  ): 404 R(  + /java/servlet/HelloHttpServlet +
null) null

So I am pretty sure it has to do something with the way I have my tomcat
configured. The piece that I can't seem to follow thru on is:
1) I understand that the JkMount statements redirect all /.jps's and
/servlet to
the tomcat server. But how does tomcat know where to look for the file/class
.

Thanks for any help/ direction

Randy Paries

RE: Sooo Close, Apache, Tomcat missing one thing

Posted by "Randy Paries(WK)" <ra...@unitnet.com>.
In my server.xml I have

1)      <Context path="/rptest"
                 docBase="/home/unit/javaapps"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="1"
                 reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

2)	in my httpd.conf I have(among some other stuff( i didn't want to include
all
	of my previous message)
        JkMount       *.jsp ajp13
        JkMount       /servlet/* ajp13

3) in the directory /home/unit/javaapps i have
	HelloWorld.class.

4) So here is where I am still confused. To access my servlet in
/home/unit/javaapps
   would the url be??
   http://www.mymachine.com/servlet/rptest/HelloHttpServlet

5) I can access the servlet, if I put it in
	/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF
   and my URL is
	http://www.mymachine.com/servlet/HelloHttpServlet
   Do I HAVE To put all my java classes ONLY in this directory?

Thanks

You have to mention document base in server.xml

SHuklix

Posted by Saurabh Shukla <sa...@cysphere.com>.