Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Zhu <gz...@timeicr.com> on 2005/05/30 22:59:38 UTC

Is session replication working with Tomcat 5.5.9?

Hi all,

I set up a cluster of TWO tomcats on different boxes, and loadbalanced
with mod_jk.

I followed all the processes in app and config, but when I was testing
the session replication feature, it seemed to be always creating a new
session. Therefore, the data(implements serializable, and the
setAttribute method has been invoked already on the deliberately-killed
tomcat instance) is no longer available in the other Tomcat instance.

My OS is Redhat 3ES with JDK 1.4.1_07.

Any idea? Note: loadbalancing is working fine.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Re: Is session replication working with Tomcat 5.5.9?

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hey,

have you set the multicast ip route between the two boxes?
Which tomcat release and config (server.xml) you use?

Peter