Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Henry Lu <zh...@umich.edu> on 2005/06/23 19:33:03 UTC

lock

How do i set sqlmap for the following SQL statement:

lock table x in shared mode

?

-Henry

Re: lock

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
OK, fair enough:

I KNOW it is not supported.

I KNOW I have done it in the past, but depending on your database
(which I DO NOT KNOW) it may or may not work.

If it doesn't that is a bummer, because I KNOW it is not supported.

Larry

Re: lock

Posted by Brice Ruth <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henry,
 Experts in iBATIS do read and answer questions on this board. The original
creator of iBATIS frequents the list daily, in my experience.
 However, that doesn't change the fact that this is an open source project.
You are expected to try things out and report back with errors.
 You are also expected to read the exhaustive documentation that is created
for the project. As is the case in most instances, if your situation is not
covered in the documentation, it is fair to assume that it is not supported.
I assume you've ready all the 2.0 documentation, and have exhaustively
inspected the Wiki that the staff and contributors for this project
maintain?
 This is by far one of the most well documented open source projects I have
come across. Take a look at the Castor documentation for a fresh look.
You'll come back thoroughly impressed, I assure you. (No offense to the
Castor guys)
 Brice

--
Brice Ruth
Software Engineer, Madison WI

Re: lock

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
OK, this will be my last comment on this thread. Trolls irritate me.

On 6/23/05, Henry Lu <zh...@umich.edu> wrote:
> Mr. Ruth, thank you very much for your info for me to understanding this
> group. I thought there is a group of expertise watching the emails and
> helping people to use the iBATIS. So there are no iBATIS board members

Actually, every commiter on the project is on this list.
Unfortunately, we all have regular day jobs, and are unable to drop
everything to provide you with free support when you feel that you do
not have the time to try things yourself.

Those same pesky jobs also prevent us from trying every conceivable
use of the tool with every conceivable driver in every conceivable
environment.

> in the group. Everyone is trying and error to figure out how to use
> iBATIS. If it works, fine, if it doesn't, trying another way. You never
> know what the best/right way to do it. One suggestion I'd like to make
> to the board of iBATIS if I could is to write a better documentation so
> it will save users times.

You are more than welcome to contribute to the documentation in *your*
spare time.

 :-D

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Home

Larry

Re: lock

Posted by Henry Lu <zh...@umich.edu>.
Mr. Skavish,,

1. I didn't ask you to reply. You don't need answer if you don't wnat to.
2. I asked Mr. Grabowski's experience
3. I didn't ask anyone to try for me
4. Is this group for sharing experience too?

-Henry

Re: lock

Posted by Dmitry Skavish <sk...@gmail.com>.

--
Dmitry Skavish

Re: lock

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.
I've never tried creating tables and views using that syntax but it
should work.

=== message truncated ===

Re: lock

Posted by Henry Lu <zh...@umich.edu>.

Re: lock

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Re: lock

Posted by Henry Lu <zh...@umich.edu>.
What is the class of

sqlMapper

?

-Henry

Re: lock

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Re: lock

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
>> One suggestion I'd like to make
>> to the board of iBATIS if I could is to write a better documentation so
>> it will save users times.

Thanks for offering Henry!

We look forward to your first contributions to the documentation of the
project. Here's a list of some of the items that need better documentation.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Not+Yet+Documented

The community appreciates your efforts.

Thanks much,

Clinton Begin