Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2003/06/02 23:45:47 UTC

RE: FW: New Apache Mirror Site in Namibia

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Schalk Erasmus wrote:

> I have mirrored the correct Site, and WISH to be added to the list of
> MIRRORS.

> The URL (I used), was:
> http://httpd.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

That page is completely obsolete and should be deleted.  You probably
found it through a web search rather than following the links from
www.apache.org.

Anyway, I will add your mirror if nobody else gets to it, but I won't have
time for the next couple days.  Sorry for the delay.

Joshua.

Re: FW: New Apache Mirror Site in Namibia

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Erik Abele wrote:
>
>>I've added it [http://apache.incredible.com.na/
>><sc...@incredible.com.na>] to site-tools/mirror.list and if there is
>>nothing more magic to do, it should appear on
>>http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ soon.
>
> Thanks very much Erik for both of those updates.
>
> I just did one further thing needed to get the mirror online:
> from daedelus:
> cd /home/apmirror/mirrors; cvs up

Ahh, okay, I don't have an account on daedalus...

> I'm not sure if you have the permissions for that.  If you would like to
> help out with mirror stuff, you would be VERY welcome.  Just let me know
> and we'll get you added to the apmirror account.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I can handle the amount of work at the moment and
I don't want to be obstructive :) The question is how high is the volume
of mirrors@ and what is the average rate of requests coming in?

Although I'm quite aware of apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html,
apache.org/dev/mirrors.html, apache.org/mirrors/ and the involved
scripts (Henk's mirmon and download.cgi), I just can't estimate how much
daily work has to be done.

Perhaps we can figure out some of the details privately to prevent the
pollution of docs.

Cheers,
Erik

BTW, I'm definitely not averse to helping out but I won't be of any
great help when it comes to Python :-)

Re: FW: New Apache Mirror Site in Namibia

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Schalk Erasmus wrote:
>
>>I have mirrored the correct Site, and WISH to be added to the list of
>>MIRRORS.
>
>>The URL (I used), was:
>>http://httpd.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html
>
> That page is completely obsolete and should be deleted.  You probably
> found it through a web search rather than following the links from
> www.apache.org.

It's removed now. I also changed the corresponding links on
httpd.apache.org to http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html and
kept site/STATUS in sync.

> Anyway, I will add your mirror if nobody else gets to it, but I won't have
> time for the next couple days.  Sorry for the delay.

I've added it [http://apache.incredible.com.na/
<sc...@incredible.com.na>] to site-tools/mirror.list and if there is
nothing more magic to do, it should appear on
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ soon.

> Joshua.

Cheers,
Erik

Re: FW: New Apache Mirror Site in Namibia

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Schalk Erasmus wrote:
>
>>I have mirrored the correct Site, and WISH to be added to the list of
>>MIRRORS.
>
>>The URL (I used), was:
>>http://httpd.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html
>
> That page is completely obsolete and should be deleted.  You probably
> found it through a web search rather than following the links from
> www.apache.org.

It's removed now. I also changed the corresponding links on
httpd.apache.org to http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html and
kept site/STATUS in sync.

> Anyway, I will add your mirror if nobody else gets to it, but I won't have
> time for the next couple days.  Sorry for the delay.

I've added it [http://apache.incredible.com.na/
<sc...@incredible.com.na>] to site-tools/mirror.list and if there is
nothing more magic to do, it should appear on
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ soon.

> Joshua.

Cheers,
Erik