Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/14 21:30:42 UTC

[VOTE] Felix framework and main 1.2.2 release

We did have a security bug in Felix 1.2.1. Therefore, I created a
branch for a 1.2.2 release that fixes only that one bug.

The resulting 1.2.2 release will only be interesting for people that
need to run felix with security manager enabled. I am planning to cut
a new release from trunk soon as well but for now, I would like to
call a vote on the framework and main 1.2.2 subproject releases.

The source and binary release archives, signature files, SHA and MD5
message digests for each are available as zip and tar.gz here:

http://people.apache.org/~pauls/1.2.2

Please vote to approve these release archives:

[ ] +1 Approve the subproject releases
[ ] -1 Veto the releases (please provide specific comments)

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework and main 1.2.2 release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Approve the subproject releases

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

RE: [VOTE] Felix framework and main 1.2.2 release

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 Approve the subproject releases

Clement

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework and main 1.2.2 release

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
+1

- Rob

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework and main 1.2.2 release

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
+1

-> richard

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Karl Pauls schrieb:
> [X] +1 Approve the subproject releases

Regards
Felix

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework and main 1.2.2 release

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> just to confirm, this is the security bug:
>
>    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-766

Yes. It basically broke security in a big way.

-> richard

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/15 Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>

> We did have a security bug in Felix 1.2.1. Therefore, I created a
> branch for a 1.2.2 release that fixes only that one bug.
>
> The resulting 1.2.2 release will only be interesting for people that
> need to run felix with security manager enabled. I am planning to cut
> a new release from trunk soon as well but for now, I would like to
> call a vote on the framework and main 1.2.2 subproject releases.
>
> The source and binary release archives, signature files, SHA and MD5
> message digests for each are available as zip and tar.gz here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pauls/1.2.2<http://people.apache.org/%7Epauls/1.2.2>
>
> Please vote to approve these release archives:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the subproject releases
> [ ] -1 Veto the releases (please provide specific comments)

just to confirm, this is the security bug:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-766

+1 for this release

--
Cheers, Stuart