Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/01 14:15:37 UTC

Re: floating button in CForms

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.  I *think* I understand what you say about the CSS
based approach (which is the one I have to use as redesigning the form for
the client would be too big a change at present.)

I'd like to confirm one thing though before I buy that book:

>> I'd suggest looking up the 'position:fixed' style.

Do you mean that the "position:fixed" style will keep the button fixed in
the visible browser pane, regardless of me scrolling?

rgds
Paul

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.
Hi Paul,

> Do you mean that the "position:fixed" style will keep the button fixed
> in the visible browser pane, regardless of me scrolling?

Yes that's correct.

Actually, there's probably no need to buy the book I mentioned.  After I
wrote that email I typed "position:fixed" into Google and was surprised
how many examples and tutorials came up ;-)

These look interesting...

http://annevankesteren.nl/test/examples/ie/position-fixed.html
http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/fixedPosition.html
http://www.cssplay.co.uk/layouts/fixed.html

Regards,
David Legg

Re: floating button in CForms

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
have a look at:
http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/position
http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_class_position.asp
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/position.html

 the 'position:fixed' style does not really seem to work with IE...