Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Eric Ladner <er...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/03 03:12:14 UTC

CVS techniques?

What's the CVS-ism to check out the latest development branch of POI?
I've been watching the tree for a while and there haven't been many
updates in the last couple of months, so I'm wondering if I'm maybe
checking out the stable branch instead of the development branch.  I
tried '-r HEAD' and that didn't produce any results, I don't think.

Thanks,

Eric 'CVS newbie' Ladner

P.S.  Slightly off topic:  I wonder why somebody hasn't written a Java
CVS-like system that integrates well with ANT?

Re: CVS techniques?

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
At 01:12 PM 3/11/2004, you wrote:
>What's the CVS-ism to check out the latest development branch of POI?
>I've been watching the tree for a while and there haven't been many
>updates in the last couple of months, so I'm wondering if I'm maybe
>checking out the stable branch instead of the development branch.  I
>tried '-r HEAD' and that didn't produce any results, I don't think.

Login with:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
password: anoncvs

then:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout jakarta-poi

There's a branch called REL_2_BRANCH but that's probably not going to see
any more activity.
Happy POIing.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis