Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu> on 2017/02/10 15:59:00 UTC

[ANN] Apache Jena 3.2.0 released with Fuseki 2.5.0

We are pleased to announce the release of Jena 3.2.0 (including Fuseki 2 2.5.0)!

== Notable in this release:

* New facility for managing RDF Connections (JENA-1267)

* Quad/Triple/Node now Serializable (JENA-1233)

* @context overrides available for JsonLDReader (JENA-1279)

* jena-spatial queries no longer sort intermediate results for a big performance improvement (JENA-1277)

* General maintenance

   A full listing of tickets addressed in this release is available at:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12338678&styleName=Text&projectId=12311220

* Dependency changes:

Updates:
       com.github.jsonld-java:jsonld-java      0.8.3 -> 0.9.0

== Obtaining Apache Jena 3.2.0

If migrating from Jena 2.x.x, please see
http://jena.staging.apache.org/documentation/migrate_jena2_jena3.html

* Via central.maven.org

The main jars and their dependencies can used with:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.jena</groupId>
       <artifactId>apache-jena-libs</artifactId>
       <type>pom</type>
       <version>3.2.0</version>
     </dependency>

Full details of all maven artifacts are described at:

       http://jena.apache.org/download/maven.html

* As binary downloads

Apache Jena libraries are available as a binary distribution of
libraries. For details of a global mirror copy of Jena binaries please see:

http://jena.apache.org/download/

* Source code for the release

The signed source code of this release is available at:

http://www.apache.org/dist/jena/source/

and the signed master source for all Apache Jena releases is available
at: http://archive.apache.org/dist/jena/

== Contributing

If you would like to help out, a good place to look is the list of
unresolved JIRA at:

http://s.apache.org/jena-jira-current

or drop into the dev@ list.

We use github pull requests and other ways for accepting code:
    https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

     The Apache Jena development community

Re: [ANN] Apache Jena 3.2.0 released with Fuseki 2.5.0

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
It is compatible for TDB; release notes would normally include information otherwise were that the case.

I'm not aware of any particularly sharp changes in the API for 3.2.0. Some very old material has been deprecated (e.g. see JENA-1270).

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

Posted by Jean-Marc Vanel <je...@gmail.com>.