Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Burton-West, Tom" <tb...@umich.edu> on 2010/07/12 18:24:32 UTC

Merge policy to merge during off-peak hours

Hello all,

Lucene in Action 2nd Edition mentions a time-dependent merge policy that defers large merges until off-peak hours.  (Section 2.13.6 p 71).
Has anyone implemented such a policy?  Is it worth  opening a JIRA issue for this?

Tom Burton-West
www.hathitrust.org/blogs

Re: Merge policy to merge during off-peak hours

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
I don't know of anyone who's actually implemented this.... but I'd
love to see such a MergePolicy!

Mike