Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2003/11/09 03:24:10 UTC

Model sources

This is the Repository Model in its current state.

Due to the many changes yesterday, my reference implementation
(PlainURLRepositoryAgent(Factory) ) is not functional.

I decided to send you this first, and while you go through it, I will fix the
reference implementation as well as the Eclipse UI.

Cheers,
Niclas

P.S. I CC the mailing list, and we'll see if the ZIP attachment (32kB) reaches
there...

Re: Model sources

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Sunday 09 November 2003 11:35, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Just working my way though ....
>
> In RepositoryAgent
>
>      * @param resourceGroupIdentification is the group that holds the
> resources. If the parameter
>      * is an empty string, the root resource group is requested. The
> identification must be
>      * repository relative.
>
> The notion of a root group - this would imply that a repository is
> implicity a group (which kind of makes sence - but kind of does not -
> depending on your viewpoint).  If a repository is viewed as a group
> (e.g. a group of groups) then I think we are missing a descriptor.  I.e.
> we would have descriptors for artifacts, groups, and repositories.

Please elaborate on the difference between a Repository descriptor and a Group
descriptor.
And isn't my ResourceInfo and ResourceGroupInfo those descriptor interfaces??
Or are you trying to say that you need descriptors of metainformation?

>                           0..n
>       InfoDescriptor <>------- Property
>             ^
>
>             |-----------------------|
>             |           0..n        |           0..n
>
>    ArtifactDescriptor <-----<>GroupDescriptor <------|
>                                     ^                |
>
>                           RepositoryDescriptor <>----|
>

> UML via ASCII.
> <> aggregates
> ^ extends

Who needs TogetherJ, when you have Wordpad ??

ROTFL.  Ascii Artists never stops amazing me... (but look at it with a

But seriously, to the far right you have an extend and an aggregate that I
don't follow. Is that the implementation side?

Niclas

Re: Model sources

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Just working my way though ....

In RepositoryAgent

     * @param resourceGroupIdentification is the group that holds the
resources. If the parameter
     * is an empty string, the root resource group is requested. The
identification must be
     * repository relative.

The notion of a root group - this would imply that a repository is
implicity a group (which kind of makes sence - but kind of does not -
depending on your viewpoint).  If a repository is viewed as a group
(e.g. a group of groups) then I think we are missing a descriptor.  I.e.
we would have descriptors for artifacts, groups, and repositories.

                          0..n
      InfoDescriptor <>------- Property
            ^
            |-----------------------|