Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Daniel Langevin <da...@shq.gouv.qc.ca> on 2017/11/28 16:05:27 UTC

Restconfiguration using Servlet with Camel in OSGI Karaf

Hi,

i try to implement a Rest service In OSGI Karaf 4.0.9  with Camel 2.17.7
i want to have multiple REST service from more than one bundle using the same port number

like this.

A)  file name ABC-REST-0.0.1.XML deployed containg all routes for the system ABC.

<restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="restlet' port="9101" contextPath="/rest/ABC" />
<rest path="/SendMail">
 <get uri="/{abcIdMail}">
      <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:abcProcMail"/>
 </get>
</rest>

call the service with http://serverName:9101/rest/ABC/Sendmail/nnn
recevie a 200 OK

B) file name XYZ-REST-0.0.1.XML deployed containg all routes for the system XYZ.

<restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="restlet' port="9102" contextPath="/rest/XYZ" />
<rest path="/GetQuote">
 <get uri="/{abcIdQuote}">
      <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:xyzProcQuote"/>
 </get>
</rest>
call the service with http://serverName:9102/rest/XYZ/getQuote/nnn
receive a 200 OK

I want to be able to bind all my rest services on the same port using http servlet , like this ( no error on deployement )

C) file name ABC-REST-0.0.1.XML containg all routes for the system ABC.

<restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="servlet' port="8181" contextPath="/rest/ABC" />
<rest path="/SendMail">
 <get uri="/{abcIdMail}">
      <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:abcProcMail"/>
 </get>
</rest>
call the service with http://serverName:8181/rest/XYZ/getQuote/nnn
receive a 404 url not found

aD)file name XYZ-REST-0.0.1.XML containg all routes for the system XYZ.

<restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="servlet' port="8181" contextPath="/rest/XYZ" />
<rest path="/GetQuote">
 <get uri="/{abcIdQuotel}">
      <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:xyzProcQuote"/>
 </get>
</rest>
call the service with http://serverName:8181/rest/XYZ/getQuote/nnn
receive a 404 url not found

What i missed ?
Do i have to refered the http servlet someware in my camel Context ?

Thank's

Daniel Langevin

"Le pr�sent courriel peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels et ne s'adresse qu'au destinataire dont le nom appara�t ci-dessus. Si ce courriel vous est parvenu par m�garde, veuillez le supprimer et nous en aviser aussit�t."

Rép. : Re: Restconfiguration using Servlet with Camel in OSGI Karaf

Posted by Daniel Langevin <da...@shq.gouv.qc.ca>.
Hi,

i use KARAF as OSGI

i deploy camel-servlet

an no error in the log
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 | Adding features:
camel-servlet/[2.17.7,2.17.7]
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 | Changes to perform:
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 |   Region: root
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 |     Bundles to install:
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 |
mvn:org.apache.camel/camel-servlet/2.17.7
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 | Installing bundles:
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 |
mvn:org.apache.camel/camel-servlet/2.17.7
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 | Starting bundles:
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 |
org.apache.camel.camel-servlet/2.17.7
 FeaturesServiceImpl                 | 8 -
org.apache.karaf.features.core - 4.0.9 | Done.

Daniel

>>> Mark <el...@gmail.com> 2017-11-28 12:46 >>>
If I'm understanding your deployment correctly, you just need to make
sure
the proper camel bundles/features are deployed.  What OSGi container
are
you using and what do your logs say?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry for being a bit short on details, but I dont have the osgi
> example at hand here.
>
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Yeah I think it has been talked before about osgi and rest here or
on
> > stackoverflow. You can configure camel-servlet for osgi with some
> > "magic" osgi http service stuff.
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Daniel Langevin
> > <da...@shq.gouv.qc.ca> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> i try to implement a Rest service In OSGI Karaf 4.0.9  with Camel
2.17.7
> >> i want to have multiple REST service from more than one bundle
using
> the same port number
> >>
> >> like this.
> >>
> >> A)  file name ABC-REST-0.0.1.XML deployed containg all routes for
the
> system ABC.
> >>
> >> <restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="restlet'
port="9101"
> contextPath="/rest/ABC" />
> >> <rest path="/SendMail">
> >>  <get uri="/{abcIdMail}">
> >>       <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:abcProcMail"/>
> >>  </get>
> >> </rest>
> >>
> >> call the service with http://serverName:9101/rest/ABC/Sendmail/nnn

> >> recevie a 200 OK
> >>

> >> B) file name XYZ-REST-0.0.1.XML deployed containg all routes for
the
> system XYZ.
> >>
> >> <restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="restlet'
port="9102"
> contextPath="/rest/XYZ" />
> >> <rest path="/GetQuote">
> >>  <get uri="/{abcIdQuote}">
> >>       <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:xyzProcQuote"/>
> >>  </get>
> >> </rest>
> >> call the service with http://serverName:9102/rest/XYZ/getQuote/nnn

> >> receive a 200 OK
> >>
> >> I want to be able to bind all my rest services on the same port
using
> http servlet , like this ( no error on deployement )
> >>
> >> C) file name ABC-REST-0.0.1.XML containg all routes for the system
ABC.

> >> <restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="servlet'
port="8181"
> contextPath="/rest/ABC" />
> >> <rest path="/SendMail">
> >>  <get uri="/{abcIdMail}">
> >>       <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:abcProcMail"/>
> >>  </get>
> >> </rest>
> >> call the service with http://serverName:8181/rest/XYZ/getQuote/nnn

> >> receive a 404 url not found
> >>

> >> aD)file name XYZ-REST-0.0.1.XML containg all routes for the system
XYZ.

> >> <restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="servlet'
port="8181"
> contextPath="/rest/XYZ"
/>
> >> <rest path="/GetQuote">
> >>  <get uri="/{abcIdQuotel}">
> >>       <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:xyzProcQuote"/>
> >>  </get>
> >> </rest>
> >> call the service with http://serverName:8181/rest/XYZ/getQuote/nnn

> >> receive a 404 url not found
> >>

> >> What i missed ?
> >> Do i have to refered the http servlet someware in my camel Context
?

> >> Thank's
> >>

> >> Daniel Langevin
> >>

> >> "Le présent courriel peut contenir des renseignements
confidentiels et

Re: Rép. : Re: Restconfiguration using Servlet with Camel in OSGI Karaf

Posted by Kerry <ka...@avionicengineers.com>.
OK if you don't use blueprint then that shouldn't be a problem but I wouldn't waste time at the moment trying to deploy my example (I need to update the docs on it to list all the feature dependencies to be installed in Karaf.. like I say it is a rough example at the moment)

Instead look at the Camel configuration in the two files rest-camel-bp.xml and rest-time-bp.xml. That should give you an example of how to set up two separate bundles but having a common path.

Posted by Daniel Langevin <da...@shq.gouv.qc.ca>.
Hi,

Finally i found the configuration for Spring Configuration (Simply
adding OSGI shema)
Thank you for the track to follow

Here is the way.

       xmlns:osgi="http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi"
       xmlns:cxf="http://camel.apache.org/schema/cxf"
       xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
          http://camel.apache.org/schema/cxf
http://camel.apache.org/schema/cxf/camel-cxf.xsd
          http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring-2.17.7.xsd
          http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi
http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi/spring-osgi.xsd">

<osgi:reference id="httpService"
interface="org.osgi.service.http.HttpService"/>

<bean id="camelservlet"
class="org.apache.camel.component.servlet.CamelHttpTransportServlet"/>
<bean
class="org.apache.camel.component.servlet.osgi.OsgiServletRegisterer"
       init-method="register"
       destroy-method="unregister">
    <property name="alias" value="/rest/ABC"/>
[...]

    <property name="alias" value="/rest/XYZ"/>
    <property name="httpService" ref="httpService"/>
    <property name="servlet" ref="camelservlet"/>
</bean>

<restConfiguration bindingMode="auto" component="servlet' port="8181"
contextPath="/rest/XYZ" />
<rest path="/GetQuote">
 <get uri="/{xyzIdQuote}">
      <to pattern="InOut" uri="direct:abcProcQuote"/>
 </get>
</rest>

Daniel Langevin

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.