Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/02/14 21:30:41 UTC

Code to share, but don't have a clue where to put it

Hi,

I just wrote a class that generates SHA encrypted passwords suitable for
use with Apache .htpasswd files (and probably lots of other things).

Not exactly sure if any Jakarta project can use it, and if so which
project this would fit under.

Anyone want it?

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

RE: [codec] Re: Code to share, but don't have a clue where to put it

Posted by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>.
You can do a few things:

1. Submit your enhancement via BugZilla -
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Commons - attaching
the file to the new issue.  Make sure that you choose "Sandbox" as the
subcomponent and also place "[codec]" in the issue summary.

2. Send email to commons-dev and attach the SHA class.

I'd recommend #1 (takes up less bandwidth for apache servers), but either
one is a perfectly acceptable way of submitting a patch or new file.

Tim

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

Posted by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>.