Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Dave Ekhaus <de...@mac.com> on 2005/11/25 08:28:31 UTC

supplying username and password to Slide client

Hi

	I'm trying to learn about WebDAV and I've gotten the Slide client up
and running on my Mac.   I'd like to be able to download/upload files
from/to my .Mac account using Slide - but I can't seem to find a
reference that explains how to supply a username and password.  Both
a username and password are necessary when accessing one's iDisk.

	In any event - the client's running and I see the '[ Slide ]'
prompt.  FWIW I got the WebDAV mac client called 'Goliath' up and
running.

	So - has anyone in the group been able to access/update the data in
their .Mac account using Slide ?   If so - how'd you do it.

Thanks
Dave

Re: supplying username and password to Slide client

Posted by Karl Øie <ka...@gan.no>.
Many clients accepts the user/pass embedded in the url;

http://username:password@host://path/

Karl

On 25. nov. 2005, at 08.28, Dave Ekhaus wrote:

> Hi
>
> 	I'm trying to learn about WebDAV and I've gotten the Slide client
> up and running on my Mac.   I'd like to be able to download/upload
> files from/to my .Mac account using Slide - but I can't seem to
> find a reference that explains how to supply a username and
> password.  Both a username and password are necessary when
> accessing one's iDisk.
>
> 	In any event - the client's running and I see the '[ Slide ]'
> prompt.  FWIW I got the WebDAV mac client called 'Goliath' up and
> running.
>
> 	So - has anyone in the group been able to access/update the data
> in their .Mac account using Slide ?   If so - how'd you do it.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

- I pity this girl i'm talking to...