Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> on 2004/11/10 06:42:26 UTC

[Patch] Removed deprecated code from DefaultInputHandler

Now uses BufferedReader and not DataInputStream. To avoid deprecated
call to readLine

Sorry JUnit test included requires some user intervention (getting data
from System.in)

Kev

Re: [Patch] Removed deprecated code from DefaultInputHandler

Posted by Kevin Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com>.
>IIRC I used DataInputStream instead of BufferedReader for a reason, I
>can't exactly recall why.
>
>Most likely I wanted to avoid reading more than the current input
>request wanted to process - BufferedReader may be too greedy and
>swallow content that was supposed to go to a subsequent request or
>even a different task.

That's a bit of a pain w.r.t. the depracted warnings/errors I get.  My
compiler is set to error on deprecated code (forces me to get rid),
that's why I noticed it really.  Maybe there's an alternative that
doesn't swallow needed input, but isn't marked deprecated?  Or perhaps
we'd have to roll our own solution to this - which would be tiresome
given the minor nature of the problem.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Kevin Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com>
wrote:

> Now uses BufferedReader and not DataInputStream. To avoid deprecated
> call to readLine

IIRC I used DataInputStream instead of BufferedReader for a reason, I
can't exactly recall why.

Most likely I wanted to avoid reading more than the current input
request wanted to process - BufferedReader may be too greedy and
swallow content that was supposed to go to a subsequent request or
even a different task.

Stefan