Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/15 23:07:17 UTC

github organisation cloudstack

devs,

There is a github organisation called cloudstack, to which we have more
control then to the apache/cloudstack repo on github. We need to decide as
community what to do with it.

What are we going to do in this new organisation?
Will we let/ask Schuberg Philis to put cosmic in there?
Will be ask/let Will to run upr to it (so we don't depend on the
foundation)?
How will we sink it from/to apache or the apache github organisation?
​Any other ideas/questions?

​let's discuss or better,​
--
Daan

Re: github organisation cloudstack

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com> wrote:

> If we use this I think it's main purpose should be to facilitate CI and
> integration testing of the apache/cloudstack repo.
>
> The first hurdle in using this repo for CI work is the fact that none of
> the open PRs from apache/cloudstack are available in the
> cloudstack/cloudstack repo.

I'd say we tackle that problem once we have a working and bulletproof CI.
In the meantime we can either make dummy PRs or copy some from the ASF org
to run in the CI.

As long as we have concensus, I would imagine that we could ask
contributors to send PRs here instead when the time comes?

--
Erik

Re: github organisation cloudstack

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.
I mentioned it here since that was the thread that Sam and Chris were most
engaged in, so I wanted the people who were watching these other threads be
aware of that thread as we were getting good traction there.

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.
I agree that your title better describes what we are trying to achieve.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Will,

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Please be advised this conversation is continuing in a thread titled: Re:
External fork of Cloudstack

Mailing list link:
http://markmail.org/message/53ct2mma4x4jm6s2?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Ecloudstack-%2A+Re:+External+fork+of+Cloudstack

Please come join the conversation in that thread...

*Will STEVENS*
Lead Developer

*CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
Will,

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
I am in favor of having a few volunteers start experimenting with it.

Especially with/for CI

I don’t think we have urgency to make any bold move right now.

One thing we could do for sure, is to move everything that’s in CloudStak-Extras to cloudstack org.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.