Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by dave <da...@miceda-data.com> on 2000/08/30 20:18:00 UTC

Funky behavior on cached template

I'm getting some funky behavior with the new cached template I added.
When caching is enabled, the entire page starts to repeat itself in the
same page ( if that makes sense ). For example, if X is the template output
X will start to accumulate in the same page with every hit.

I can't see where it's causing the problem in the Caching stuff ( it's
probably something simple that I'm missing).  Could this be a result of
any of the recent changes to the visitor and parser?

Note: When caching is NOT enabled - no problems.

--
dave
daveb@miceda-data.com

Re: Funky behavior on cached template

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, dave wrote:

> I'm getting some funky behavior with the new cached template I added.
> When caching is enabled, the entire page starts to repeat itself in the
> same page ( if that makes sense ). For example, if X is the template output
> X will start to accumulate in the same page with every hit.

> I can't see where it's causing the problem in the Caching stuff ( it's
> probably something simple that I'm missing).  Could this be a result of
> any of the recent changes to the visitor and parser?
>
> Note: When caching is NOT enabled - no problems.

I'll take a look, I'm probably not resetting something. I am
only doing one shot testing. Trying it, run it, stop. I will
look at it, it is more then likely some I'm doing in the
template. John McNally pointed out a couple things that
need to be fixed, it might be one of those things causing
your problem. Awesome work dave!

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl