Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arunan Sugunakumar <ar...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2019/01/19 17:05:44 UTC

Should Solr and SolrJ version should match?

Hi,

I created a project with solrj 7.2.1 which worked perfectly with Apache
Solr 7.2. But it does not seem to work with Apache Solr 7.6. I would like
to know whether it is mandatory to use the same solrj version as the solr.

I have pasted the stacktrace for the exception below.

[corePostProcess]
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteExecutionException:
Error from server at http://localhost:8983/solr/biotestmine-search: error
processing commands
[corePostProcess]       at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteExecutionException.create(HttpSolrClient.java:829)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:620)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:255)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:244)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrRequest.process(SolrRequest.java:194)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrRequest.process(SolrRequest.java:211)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.intermine.api.searchengine.solr.SolrIndexHandler.addFieldNameToSchema(SolrIndexHandler.java:204)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.intermine.api.searchengine.solr.SolrIndexHandler.createIndex(SolrIndexHandler.java:86)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.intermine.bio.postprocess.CreateSearchIndexProcess.postProcess(CreateSearchIndexProcess.java:66)
[corePostProcess]       at
org.intermine.task.PostProcessorTask.execute(PostProcessorTask.java:70)

Thank you,
Arunan

*Sugunakumar Arunan*
Undergraduate - CSE | UOM

Email : aruna <ar...@wso2.com>ns.14@cse.mrt.ac.lk
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/arunans23/

Re: Should Solr and SolrJ version should match?

Posted by Arunan Sugunakumar <ar...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Dear Shawn,

Thanks for the info. You are right. I have pasted only the client side
stack trace. I failed to check the solr logs. As I went over the logs I
found out that the same fieldnames cannot be created again and again
according to Solr 7.6.0. In Solr 7.2.1, it was not the case. Anyhow I'll
create a separate mail thread to discuss this matter.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Arunan

*Sugunakumar Arunan*
Undergraduate - CSE | UOM

Email : aruna <ar...@wso2.com>ns.14@cse.mrt.ac.lk
Mobile : 0094 766016272 <076%20601%206272>

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.