Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by hiyer <iy...@hotmail.com> on 2007/06/26 22:48:07 UTC

Servicemix Quartz configuration

Hi Guillaume,
How can I specify the quartz.properties to be used by servicemix-quartz jbi
compoment in my service unit xbean.xml? I need to use a persistent jobstore
for quartz clustering.
I followed the post for servicemix quartz clustering and the suggestion to
use a ServiceMixJobFactory to pass the QuartzComponent. I have made these
changes in ServiceMix 3.1 for the servicemix-quartz jbi component since that
has configurable endpoints rather than the lightwight quartz
servicemix-component as the discussion in that post was about.
But it appears that the servicemix-quartz is always initialized with the
default quartz.properties

Re: Servicemix Quartz configuration

Posted by hiyer <iy...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.
What I really need is one clustered quartz scheduler handling multiple
triggers/jobs with each trigger/job invoking a service endpoint. This is
what the servicemix-quartz jbi component does but it is not clusterable
unless it can be configured to a specific quartz.properties file. What I end
up with when using the servicemix quartz lw component is one quartz
scheduler per service endpoint (for which I could have multiple triggers).
Since I have multiple endpoints I end up with with multiple schedulers. If I
use one set of quartz tables for all schedulers then each scheduler seems to
be able to "see" all triggers in the common table rather than "see" just the
trigger scheduled in that scheduler. It seems like I will need to have a
different set of tables for each scheduler which is not a good design.
The only solution seems to be to make the servicemix quartz lw component
handle endpoints.
Any ideas?

Posted by Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net>.
Hi,