Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "dong.yajun" <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/19 08:11:17 UTC

Which is the fastest way to dump the content of Hbase table?

Hello,

Which is the fastest way to dump  the content of Hbase table to Hdfs?  is
it possible to use the hbase snapshot + Spark to do this?

now we have already use the hbase snapshot + mapreduce-v2(does not via the
Htable) to convert the HFiles to OrcFile, but we found the 'spilling map
output' occupied most of whole time.  so the spark can decrease the cost?

map task: read the hfile, and convert it to KeyValues

reduce task: merge the keyvalues of same rowkey

thanks.

--
*Ric Dong*

Re: Which is the fastest way to dump the content of Hbase table?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. 'spilling map output' occupied most of whole time.

Do you mind giving more detail on the above (percentage of job runtime) ?

Which release of hadoop / hbase are you using ?

Cheers