Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Praveen Prabhu <pr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2016/03/19 09:45:48 UTC

Vysper update

Hi,
I have recently downloaded the source from the vysper svn trunk and have made it compatible with jdk 1.7.
Also, a number of changes made:
1. Upgraded the deprecated DocumentSpecCompliantAnnotationFactory to DocumentSpecCompliantAnnotationProcessor to support latest annotations processor framework2. Migrated to Mina 2.0.133. Upgraded slfj to 1.7.18 (supports varargs for logging)4. Upgraded ehcache to 2.10.1 (can support locking features for better concurancy)5. Upgraded websocket end point to use sslcontextfactory instead of depricated api.6. Code cleanup to remove warning messages
Compilation and packaging is successfull, though I have not run any other tests other than the unit tests during compilation.
I am planning to work on clustering multiple vysper instances such that users can logon to multiple hosts within a cluster and outbound and inbound message processing can be done on different servers based on where the user is logged in. This should enable horizontal scalability to vysper.
I would very much like to contribute this to the vypser community. I can send the source for review so that you can review and commit if you deem fit.
Regards,Praveen

Re: Vysper update

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 19/03/16 09:45, Praveen Prabhu a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have recently downloaded the source from the vysper svn trunk and have made it compatible with jdk 1.7.
> Also, a number of changes made:
> 1. Upgraded the deprecated DocumentSpecCompliantAnnotationFactory to DocumentSpecCompliantAnnotationProcessor to support latest annotations processor framework2. Migrated to Mina 2.0.133. Upgraded slfj to 1.7.18 (supports varargs for logging)4. Upgraded ehcache to 2.10.1 (can support locking features for better concurancy)5. Upgraded websocket end point to use sslcontextfactory instead of depricated api.6. Code cleanup to remove warning messages
> Compilation and packaging is successfull, though I have not run any other tests other than the unit tests during compilation.
> I am planning to work on clustering multiple vysper instances such that users can logon to multiple hosts within a cluster and outbound and inbound message processing can be done on different servers based on where the user is logged in. This should enable horizontal scalability to vysper.
> I would very much like to contribute this to the vypser community. I can send the source for review so that you can review and commit if you deem fit.
That would be great !!

The best would be to create one (or more) JIRA and attach the source to
it, or to create a pull request on github
(https://github.com/apache/vysper) so that we can review teh changes.

FTR, Vysper has been kind of dorman for that few years, but if you feel
like taking over the project, we could most certainly vote you in as a
committer, whoch would be frnkly simpler.

Thanks  a lot !