Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/25 17:27:12 UTC

Re: Validator hates ActionDispatcher

Whoa.  Hate is a strong word.  Maybe Validator just dislikes
ActionDispatcher?  :)

I'm having trouble making the connection between a change in form to
ActionDispatcher not working.  Then again maybe it's just me.  Can you
provide more info?  Like, what flavor of ActionDispatcher are you
using?  What's your validation look like?  What are your form values?
Action config?  Favorite color?  Oops, scratch that last one.

Hubert

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
Oh kay.

You kinda threw me off a bit because there's DispatchAction, and
there's ActionDispatcher:

DispatchAction (also check its Direct Known Subclasses):
http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/actions/DispatchAction.html

ActionDispatcher:
http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/actions/ActionDispatcher.html

:)

If they all forward to the "input" page, then it tells me that your
validations are always failing.  You can trace this by overriding
validate() in your form, calling super.validate(), and checking the
return value.

If you need help understanding those validation settings, send those
rules and input values I asked for before, and who knows, maybe some
validation experts here can help you out.