Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Karthikeyani K <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/30 15:12:36 UTC

Realm for NTLM Authentication

Mike, thanks for the answer for my previous question.

I have one more clarification regarding specifying the realm when setting credentials.
Is it okay to specify "null" value for realm when setting credentials for NTLM authentication. Does specifying null value, cause any security violation.

Thanks,
Karthi

Re: Realm for NTLM Authentication

Posted by Karthikeyani K <ka...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks a lot Mike.

Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu> wrote:Hi Karthi,

Using null for the NTLM realm is the way to go. This is covered in a
little more detail at
.

Mike

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Karthi,

Using null for the NTLM realm is the way to go.  This is covered in a
little more detail at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html>.

Mike