Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Patrick Stepp <ps...@hotmail.com> on 2000/02/10 03:19:08 UTC

** IMPORTANT IDEA **

I'd like to suggest an idea.

Couldn't the Apache Web Server be modified so that the Web Server itself would only accept "x" number of inbound packets per second from a designated IP or something like that? ie, Some sort of threshold setting. I'd be more than happy to attempt to mod this fix assuming someone can point me into the right direction or file to look through.  I believe this would eliminate the servers such as Amazon, EBay and others that have been overwhelmed with attacks lately? Just a thought, I think it may be possible to introduce such a fix/enhancement.

Patrick Stepp