Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/16 09:56:25 UTC

[VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.0.0-rc1

You can download it from this URL:
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-rc1/

A maven 2 staging repo with this release is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/m2-staging-repo/
A staging eclipse update site with this release is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/updatesite-staging/
The bundle version is 2.0.0.cr1.

Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Regards,

Xavier, Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 release manager

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
As usual, I've not done any technical checks of the release archives,
I leave that to people more competetent than me.

>From the PMC member "everything looks legal" POV, here is my +1.

You may want to add the Apache License to

doc/samples/apache-hello-ivy-default.html
doc/style/tree.css
test/java/org/apache/ivy/ant/ivy-dyn-evicted.xml
test/java/org/apache/ivy/ant/ivy-dyn-evicted2.xml
test/java/org/apache/ivy/plugins/parser/nores
test/java/org/apache/ivy/util/url/archiva-listing.html
test/java/org/apache/ivy/util/url/fixed-archiva-listing.html
test/java/org/apache/ivy/util/url/maven-proxy-listing.html

but I wouldn't vote down a release because of these files.

Stefan

[RESULT][VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
The vote is over for Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 release. With 5 binding +1, the vote has
passed, I'll proceed with the end of the release process in the coming days.

Xavier

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org
> wrote:

> I have fixed the site.xml in svn. Just svn update it (the changes should be
> merged with your local ones), and scp it to the staging updatesite.

I've manually edited the site.xml to reflect the changes, but removed the
mirrors attribute since the mirrors file is not present in this staging
site. Hope it works now.

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le mardi 16 septembre 2008, Xavier Hanin a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Nicolas Lalevée
> <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Le mardi 16 septembre 2008, Xavier Hanin a écrit :
> > > I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.0.0-rc1
> > >
> > > You can download it from this URL:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-rc1/
> > >
> > > A maven 2 staging repo with this release is available here:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~xavier/m2-staging-repo/
> > > A staging eclipse update site with this release is available here:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~xavier/updatesite-staging/
> > > The bundle version is 2.0.0.cr1.
> > >
> > > Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
> >
> > +1
> >
> > > [X] Yes
> > > [ ] No
> >
> > I have tested successfully Ivy in ant and in an Eclipse environment with
> > the
> > released IvyDE-alpha1.
> >
> > I have just concerns about the deployment of the updatesite.
> >
> > First the staging updatesite won't work as expected, as it is still
> > pointing
> > to the apache mirrors, which don't contains yet the new binaries. So the
> > Eclipse update installer won't show the new Ivy RC1. Actually this
> > staging updatesite will only work correctly as soon as deployed also on
> > the mirrors,
> > which make it not a very staging one.
> > It is in fact my fault, the documentation talk about non mirroring of the
> > staging updatesite, but the way to resolve it assume that the site.xml
> > have relative urls, but the current one have absolute ones. I will fix
> > it.
>
> Indeed, I dumbly followed the steps in the documentation you wrote. If you
> can tell me what to put in the site.xml, I'll update it so that others can
> test it.

I have fixed the site.xml in svn. Just svn update it (the changes should be
merged with your local ones), and scp it to the staging updatesite.

> > And I have found an issue with the signature of an artifact:
> >
> > updatesite-staging/plugins/org.apache.ivyde.eclipse_2.0.0.alpha1.jar.pack
> >.gz I think that you launch the optimize task, but it was not signed
> > again. I think the better way to work with it is to svn-revert the
> > changes done by the
> > optimize task for the already released jars, and then no need to sign it
> > again.
>
> Indeed, I only signed the new release, I thought the current IvyDE release
>  wouldn't be touched. Hence I've svn reverted these files on my working
> copy, and uploaded them in the update site. Since this is not what the vote
> is really on anyway, I don't think we need to cast a new vote. If anybody
> thinks casting a new vote is necessary, please tell me so.

I don't think a new vote is needed too, that's why I still voted +1.

cheers,
Nicolas

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It seems IVY-905 is a blocking issue in this first attempt for rc1, so I'll
> have to make a new attempt for rc1 with Maarten's fix. We'll try to find a
> fix for the cygwin related issues too in the same time before making this
> new attempt. I should cast a new vote tomorrow, so wait for it before
> reviewing.

Ok, I think maarten and I analysis yesterday evening was made too quickly.
the fix for IVY-905 Maarten checked in is only a fix for the Configurator
class, which has no impact on how Ivy behave. Indeed, the fix impact the
FileResolver used by default in Configurator, but the only place where
Configurator is used in Ivy is in XmlSettingsParser, where the file resolver
is immediately set to another FileResolver implementation, which works
properly (except maybe on cygwin when you use unix like paths, but it seems
Java is not aware of the cygwin environment).

Thus I don't think this require a new attempt for 2.0.0-rc1, we can go on
with the binaries I've uploaded yesterday and on which I already cast a
vote.

That being said, this discussion has added noise to the vote thread, so if
somebody think we'd better start a new vote (loosing one day for the final
decision), let me know as soon as possible.

Xavier

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.0.0-rc1 Release

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.