Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by karel braeckman <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/20 13:18:13 UTC

group.facet fails when facet on double field

Hi,

We are trying to upgrade from Solr 4.8 to Solr 6.2.

This query:

?q=*%3A*&start=0&rows=2&wt=json&indent=true&group=true&group.field=mediaObjectId&facet=true&facet.field=rating&group.facet=true

is returning the following error:

null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Exception during facet.field: rating
	at org.apache.solr.request.SimpleFacets.lambda$getFacetFieldCounts$0(SimpleFacets.java:739)
	at org.apache.solr.request.SimpleFacets$2.execute(SimpleFacets.java:672)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: unexpected docvalues type
NUMERIC for field 'mediaObjectId' (expected=SORTED). Re-index with
correct docvalues type.
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocValues.checkField(DocValues.java:212)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocValues.getSorted(DocValues.java:264)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.grouping.term.TermGroupFacetCollector$SV.doSetNextReader(TermGroupFacetCollector.java:128)

The same query without the group.facet=true option does not give an
error. On Solr 4.8 the query did not give problems.

The relevant fields are configured as follows:

<fieldType name="double" class="solr.TrieDoubleField"
precisionStep="0" positionIncrementGap="0"/><field name="rating"
type="double" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="false"
/><field name="mediaObjectId" type="long" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false" />

Am I doing anything wrong, or do you have any suggestions on what to try next?

Best regards

Karel Braeckman

Re: group.facet fails when facet on double field

Posted by karel braeckman <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply. I don't think this is what is causing the error
though.

We are starting from an empty index and have fully re-indexed a couple of
documents. The query is still failing with the same error.

Posted by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com>.