Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Tran Van Hoan <tr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/01 17:25:10 UTC

Backup solr fail with error Set system property 'solr.allowPaths' to add other allowed paths."},

hi, I implemented backup to NFS for solr 8.7. After run command backup it has error "/data_nas/Backup_solr/backup_collection must be relative to SOLR_HOME, SOLR_DATA_HOME coreRootDirectory. Set system property 'solr.allowPaths' to add other allowed paths."},"in solr.in.sh i already add "SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS -Dsolr.allowPaths=/data_nas/*" and restart all nodes.
in the document it said

| # Solr is by default allowed to read and write data from/to SOLR_HOME and a few other well defined locations |

| # Sometimes it may be necessary to place a core or a backup on a different location or a different disk |

| # This parameter lets you specify file system path(s) to explicitly allow. The special value of '*' will allow any path |

#SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS -Dsolr.allowPaths=/mnt/bigdisk,/other/path"

I check all node can access read/write to the path with user solr.
How can i solve this problem?

Re: Backup solr fail with error Set system property 'solr.allowPaths' to add other allowed paths."},

Posted by Jason Gerlowski <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tran,

I think you're specifying 'solr.allowPaths' in the right place, but
you probably need to remove the wildcard ('*') from the path you're
using.  Most 'solr.allowPaths' usages I've seen (including the doc
example you mentioned) specify paths as absolute paths without a
trailing wildcard.

Hope that works for you.

Best,

Jason

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 1:26 PM Tran Van Hoan