Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/27 07:11:36 UTC

Jdk9plus: materialize it or not

Hi all,

Playing with the r7 branch i tried to build an osgi-cdi distro but stumbled
upon the fact jdk9plus folder breaks resolution chain quite easily when
switching of jdk.

Long story short, having annotation, activation (and potentially jaxb but i
didnt need this one ;)) does not enable to have them as bundle in the same
version - so to do dynamic updates too ;) - and they miss osgi.contract
entry config.

I wonder if there is any rational to have them at all, sounds like karaf
can boot without them and just move to bundles all the logic potentially
needing them so no need to patch the classpath for java >= 9 IMHO.

Did I miss anything?
Is it something to plan to clean up for karaf 4.3.0?

Re: Jdk9plus: materialize it or not

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Side note: dropping javax.annotation and its declaration in jre-9 i managed
to move forward and no issue since jre part of karaf uses the jre
automatically and other parts use the bundle i deployed.
So likely some work to do but kind of confirm it is a good option.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robert

Posted by Robert Varga <ni...@hq.sk>.