Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2003/04/14 22:06:53 UTC

soap question newbie

Hello,

I have been using xml-rpc for some simple data conversions between two disperate systems. Like everything, as time goes along, I am finding myself demanding more and more from it.

Problem:
I need to receive more information back than current xml-rpc allows. I have been using hashes, but I really have the need to send back a 'Hashtable, String and some Ints':
>From my investigation it appears that I could do this with soap and a DTD, but I am not sure.

Is this the kind of niche that I should investigating using soap for? If someone could give me a little info, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

RE: soap question newbie

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Scott,

You do it with SOAP and WSDL (as opposed to DTD).
I recommend that you start with Axis: http://ws/apache.org/axis.
It's the new, improved version of Apache SOAP.

Anne