Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2008/07/16 10:21:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r677187 - in /ant/core/trunk: ./ docs/manual/OptionalTasks/ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ssh/

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Add preservelastmodified to scp.  PR 33939.  Based on patch by
> Sandra Metz.

As was to be expected, applying a three year old patch involved
fiddling around a bit, in particular when the implementation has
added support for an additional protocol (sftp).

The sftp code is based on (sophisticated?) guesswork and some manual
testing 8-)

The attribute only applies to downloading files, I don't know enough
about SSH or JSch to make it work the other way around.

I will note that there are enhancement requests to the effect of
chmod'ing remote files as well, which may be addressed together with
fixing the timestamp on the remote side.

Stefan