Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jmeter_User <tp...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/05 07:05:34 UTC

Calculating average response time for each transactions when it contains many images

Hi All,
 I have started using Jmeter recently. I am having a query on how to find
out the average respone time of the transaction when it includes images and
java scripts as

part of its transaction. Because I could see the response time given by
Jmeter is less than response time given by Load Runner for the same
transaction recorded in

jmeter and load runner, when there are some images in the page.
The reason I could guess is, in Load runner, the response time is including
the images downloaded on the page along with the transaction, but in case of
jmeter, the

transaction response time is excluding the images downloaded, because the
images repsones time will be shown as separate request, as its records each
images as a

separate request.
 I am testing one application which is similar to search engine,
While recording, if the page is having many images and some java scripts,
then all those are added in as individual http requests and along with the
actual

searchresults.aspx request. In this situation I am not able to find out
exact time taken for the search along with image download, because if I just
consider the

response time of searchresults.aspx, it may be less, as it is excluding the
resposne times of the images and java scripts on the same page.

For eaxmple :
If I have the page with http requests recorded scripts are like:

http://forexample.com/download.gif
http://forexample.com/required.js
http://actualsearchresults.aspx
http://forexample.com/finalimage.gif

If I run the script like above, I will get response times of individual
reuquests and total avergae at the end in aggragte and summery report. How
can I consolidate

all the images, jave sripts and actual search aspx response times.
Application having many images and java scripts, there will be many http
requests separtely shown in Jmeter for each image and each java script.
Which is confusing me

to find the exact response time of the transaction which includes images and
java scripts as part of its transaction.

Please let me know is there any way to do it or is there any way of
recording. I dont want to exclude images, becasue if I tried excluding the
images and java scripts,

I get response times very less compared to running the same transaction in
load runner.

Re: Calculating average response time for each transactions when it contains many images

Posted by Jmeter_User <tp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Guys.
I used retrieve embeded Resources from HTML files.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Melnyk <me...@gmail.com>.