Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Satish <sa...@harbinger-systems.com> on 2007/05/07 08:36:55 UTC

Re: Achieved Custom Property to Slide Content

Hi Zeus,

Here I came with good news, I am able to create, set and "GET" custom
properties on Slide resource!
Thanks a ton for your help!

Zeus one more thing I wanted to implement is ACL using slide, I tried ACE
and Priviliges stuff but could not able to set them well, may need to dig
more!
In case you have or know, can you send me any code which might be doing this
or may be your valuable suggestions which may help make this happen for me!

Here is the code, may also help some one else looking for same!

HttpURL hrl = new
HttpURL("http://ashish:8080/slide/files/FinalXML/Tripsketch.css");

hrl.setUserinfo("root","root");

WebdavResource wdr = new WebdavResource(hrl);

wdr.setDebug(1);

Hashtable props = new Hashtable();

PropertyName prop = new PropertyName("DAV:", "CustomProperty");

props.put(prop, "NewValue");

System.out.println("Execute PropPatchMethodTest...");

System.out.println("returned value ... " + wdr.proppatchMethod(props,
true));

Enumeration e= wdr.propfindMethod("CustomProperty");

System.out.println("read as ... " + e.nextElement());

------------------------

Regards,

Satish

Posted by Satish <sa...@harbinger-systems.com>.
Hi Julian

I tried few ways and same example whenever I keep my own name space lile
"MyNameSpace" it wont be storing and hence not showing
up the value of custom property!
Hence i change it to DAV: and it works!

I dont know whether I assumed wrong things or there is some other way to
user own custom namespaces or any other Slide namespace!

In case you have any idea can you please put some more focus on this which
can help me defining custom Property,
Namespace and the value to this new property!

This will help me a lot!

Best Regards,
Satish

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.